Is your new team member employed or self-employed?
If the answer to most of these questions is “yes” then your worker is probably an employee:
- Does the worker only work for you?
- Do they work regular hours set by you?
- Do they receive holiday or sick pay from you?
- Do you provide them with the materials and tools they need to do their job?
- Do they have to do the work themselves?
If you have answered yes to most of these you will probably need to set up a payroll scheme for them or add them to your existing scheme. Bells Payroll Services can help with this. Contact us on 020 8468 1087 to discuss the status of your workers and make sure you are compliant!